Reference: EB/SS - 24218
Category: Project/Program Management
- Leads and manages large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- Plays a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, uses good judgment and skills to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- Uses high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Defines project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Supports the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Defines and manages a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Promotes empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Agile Scrum or PMP Certification are highly desirable
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent is highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Experience with consumer lending and underwriting a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete the Submit Resume form. Please enter the job reference in the subject line: EB/SS - 24218Apply Now